Fictitious conversation between a chick with natural hair, a chick with relaxed hair and me.
Nat - (to relaxed chick) You should really go natural. It's empowering to see how your hair really grows out of your head and embrace it's true texture. Right CC?
Me - Well my hair doesn't really grow out of my head like this, I have to manipulate it to make it look this way.
Rel - Yep! You spend all that money on all those products. $50 for a tub of pudding! That's ridiculous, all trying to achieve a hair texture that's not really yours. Right CC?
Me - Well lately I've been using an 8 dollar product I get from the local beauty supply store. And lately I could care less about texture and more about repeat-ability of styles.
Nat - (interrupts me) Well why don't you just be a relaxed chick then! Why have natural hair?
Me - I don't really like the idea of having all them chemicals on my scalp. And spending half a day in the salon.
Rel - Well you could just blow it out like June Ambrose. Be a straight natural.
Me - That's too much work. You have to worry about the rain, exercising and sex.
Nat - Sounds like you need a protective style! Twist it up or get a cute braided updo.
Me - Neither of those is really my style.
Rel - Oh! Get a weave, you could get a straight one.
Me - Well I thought about it, but I don't like the straight weaves. Lack of a part scares me. And the curly hair I like it 150 a pack. And I STILL have to get it installed. That's too much.
Rel and Nat - Sounds like you don't know what you want.
Me - That sounds about right.
No comments:
Post a Comment