See, opting for a destination wedding does not make you Team No Wedding. It makes you Team Destination wedding.
Or opting for a JOP wedding where you still wear a dress, have flowers and roll up to the courthouse in a limo, and still have a reception is not Team No wedding. It is Team JOP wedding.
See my point.
A person who is Team No Wedding, could actually care less about the wedding ceremony. They want to sign papers and become Mr. And Mrs. and get it moving.
You can be Team Wedding without wanting a (swoon) Platinum Wedding, and I think that's where people have this wedding thing confused.
On my wedding day, I want people there who know me and my groom. Meaning at some stage during our courtship, you knew there was a boyfriend/fiancee in my life. If my engagement comes as a shock to you, you do not need to be at my wedding. (which I have a feeling this will discount A LOT of people).
On my wedding day, I want people there who are supportive of my union. Meaning they've given me their blessing. The truth is I don't really need it, but I want to be surrounded by people who know us and love us. People who are rooting for the success of our union, not questioning if it will have a quick demise.
On my wedding day, I want to look into the crowds and trust that there hearts are in a good place. Because honestly I have no problem paying xx.00 a plate for folks I really love. I will spend for the people I love to have a good time. Strangers...not so much. I want to know that if I'm buying out the bar, these folks will enjoy it and appreciate it, not criticize it.
Now how I implement these goals is totally varied. This may mean I'll still have a big wedding. Or I may have a super small wedding. Or I may have a wedding where there is just bride, groom and officiant (although the likelihood of this is very small). And the reason why is because there are people in my life you genuinely want to see me take this step. They want to be there on this day. And those folks will be there, everyone else will have to see the love and fabulousness from the photos.
No comments:
Post a Comment