Monday, October 5, 2009

I don't like to admit when things change me. I don't. I don't like to give power to a situation I don't control (I know it's a problem). But sometimes you experience normal life situations, that will change who you are. It will change how you talk, walk, smile, and breathe. It will alter you. As much as you hate to admit it, everything you do from that point on becomes tainted. It is influenced by what happened.

As much as I hate to admit it, I'm changed. Where there was once a glimmer of hope, there is nothing. I keep trying to make myself believe the glimmer will return, and grow, but right now I'm really having trouble believing it will happen.

1 comment:

Erica A. Gordon said...

I feel the same way and it urks the hell out of me. But, the one thing that has been helping me is God, prayer, and time. Patience isn't my strong suit so there are days where I'm hopeless and have to make myself get out of bed. Other days I try to make myself think positively. Some days I'm just pissed that I feel this way. Eventually, the glimmer of hope will return, you will be in a better place, and you will look back on this day and think "I remember when........"