But as he said to me once, "You don't like normal, do you?" I replied, "No."
Monday, December 5, 2011
Mama said there'd be days like this...
See everyday, I am doing a lot. Some would say too much, but it's okay because typically, I can handle it. However, when something major goes wrong, it's not just major act that rises to the surface it's EVERYTHING that rises to the surface. Instead of being a blip, it becomes a catalyst and all the stress that I handle daily, rises up and floods my emotions. So today when my day started off totally backwards, well it messed me up. And I couldn't recover. Then I got more news, that messed me up, and I couldn't recover. Then I saw him, and THAT messed me up and I couldn't recover. And as hard I tried to draw on the most fabulous weekend to cheer me back up, I just couldn't. I really just needed a moment to lay out, feel it and cry, but I was at work. So I let some silent tears fall, and went to the car and took some deep breaths, and got some pep talks from some very great people, but honey....today was a day. In the grand scheme of things my problems are not "problems", they are simply side effects of my drive to succeed coupled with over-achiever's syndrome. So really if I made one change, my life would return to normal.
No comments:
Post a Comment