Friday, January 30, 2009

My Love Letter

Good Morning love -

First, let me formally introduce myself, I'm Candice. We've met briefly in passing, at cocktail parties and house parties and such, we may have had an informal conversation, here and there, but I don't think we've ever sat down with each other to get to know one another. So, it's finally nice to meet you.

I am intrigued by you love, you seem to be rampant in the world, but you hold only a small portion in mine. I've seen you, and observed you, and frankly...you don't look appealing to me. The whole "steak on a garbage can lid" analogy, comes to mind, actually. See if I have to change myself, or give all of myself while receiving nothing in return, then love, we can end this convo now, I no longer need to know you. If I have to lay my morals or common sense down by the riverside, or be subjected to he/she/we/who questions, that I wouldn't tolerate in my own life, again, I think I will gladly show myself the door, because what'cha sellin', I ain't buyin'.

If knowing you means, having constant internal dialogue of "Why me? Why him? Why not?", then I can move on the next party guest, because my mind spins enough on its own. And if knocking on your door, means I'm stepping into a literal emotional tornado, which will leave me battered and bruised, then I'll slowly retreat from your doorstep.

See, love, I'm sure you mean well. I'm sure your fantastic. I'm far from naive, so I'm aware you're not perfect, but there has to be some balance, between the good and the bad that you inflict. It can't be all good, but it can't be consistently bad either, can it? Or have we distorted who you really are, have we gotten you confused love? There are smiles and frowns, in getting to know you right? Trials, tribulations, ups, downs, and etc? So when did we become satisfied, with your lows, instead of your highs? That's just my opinion, love. You jump in whenever your ready to show me otherwise.

You know what love, maybe I'll sit on the porch with you, we can swing in this lovely swing, and have a glass of something tasty (and strong :-)), while we talk and discuss how we (you and I), can get along. It has to work out, right?

Yours Truly,

Candice

No comments: