Saturday, January 31, 2009

Story 2

The sunlight pours in through the opening of the blinds. I feel you start to turn; you hate sunlight when you first wake up. You prefer the stillness of the dark. I feel your body as you begin to stretch, starting at your toes, then up through your long legs, past your torso, then finally releasing above your head into your arms. I softly wrap my arms around your chest and snuggle close. I close my eyes and inhale deeply. This is the perfect place to be. Now all I’m waiting for is the touch, to feel your hand rest right in the center of my back. It makes feel complete. We’re interlocked and intertwined. A mixed bundle of long brown limbs. But I don’t reach completeness; instead I still wait for your hand. I slowly pull back fearing that you’re reluctant to hold me. I push my body back into the wall, trying to give you your space. I’ve messed up. Crossed the unspoken boundary line. Not wanting or anticipating but needing. I need your touch. You sense my distance and turn to face me. I shut my eyes tight thinking you’ll believe I’m sleep. I feel your hands caress my face. Your fingertips outline my lips, my eyelashes, my brows and every other intricate detail of my face. With my eyes shut, I smile. I feel your eyes washing over every inch of my vulnerability. I open my eyes and you peer so deep into them, I feel naked. All of me is exposed. Nowhere to run, nowhere to hide. I stare back as hard as I can, gazing deep into your eyes, trying to see you. Wondering if you realize just how beautiful this makes me feel. You kiss the tip of my nose, I smile. You begin to shift again. Another stretch. But this time the release from your arms draws me in. Encompasses me. I stretch my arm across your chest and feel your hand rest right in the center of my back. I close my eyes, inhale, and smile. I am complete.

No comments: