Friday, January 30, 2009

To My Darling...

Hi My Precious Darling --

I've never met you yet, but I'm sure the day will come when we'll meet. As you grow, I'll be able to tell you all the things, I've experienced, but today, I want you to know that you are a living dream to me. See last week, I experienced another living dream, I stood with 2.5 million people, shoulder to shoulder, and I watched a man I believe in, become President of The United States. These same states, that doubt me and discount me (or at least they try to), have extended an opportunity to this man, to be a leader. And I believe he will be. More important (to me), is his wife, is a woman like me..and like you. She is the same type of woman, they have doubted and overlooked, but now, now, she is First Lady of The United States, and baby girl, freedom has never looked better.

When you come to me, you will know that you can do whatever you want, because you will be raised in my world, where all doors will be open to you. But on 1.20.09, I realized I am living in a world, where I can do whatever I want, because I have to tools to actually open those doors, and my love, that is an amazing feeling. To wake and be energized to know my path is boundless and limitless creates a floating feeling. To look at this couple and be inspired, by who they are and what they do, creates a euphoria. And my darling girl, to know that one day you will be in my life and inspire an even more amazing feeling in me, makes me dizzy with joy.

I will share my history with you, the good and the bad. I will share my travels of the road that got me where I am, and I will let you know it's part of your own history, filled with women stronger than myths could tell, but real and true.

I will hope that things will not be as hard for you, your road will be easier that mine, but you still develop a strength you can rely on, in your darkest hour.

I will dream that your road extends through the galaxy, for there is nothing impossible, especially with me as your Mommy.

I will pray that your life is filled with love, pure, true, unconditional love.

Starting with my love, and your Grandmother's, whose love began the day my mind conceived the idea of you.

Mommy