Monday, June 29, 2009

Parents

I came home early from work today, because I wasn't feeling well. It wasn't serious, but I felt really bad.

So I decided not to tell my mother because of recent events of people not waking up, all because "they didn't feel well."

True to form, I spoke to her and told her I'd been home for a while because I left work sick.

Mommy - What's wrong?
Candice - Nothing.
M - Something has to be wrong.
C - I feel fine - I proceed to change the subject
M - She changes it back - It's not work, is it?
C - Me, no. I just didn't feel well.
M - Well their have been a lot of people who didn't feel well and they didn't wake up the next morning! So what's wrong!!!!!
C - sigh. I'm fine, I just had a headache and upset stomach.
M - Mmmmhmm, ok. Get some sleep.
C *sigh*

I told'ya so.

2 comments:

Erica A. Gordon said...

Mommy always knows. Gotta love them!

Candice said...

They do always know.