What if you got pregnant by your sex partner? I need a term for that person, cause I swear I hate them all. FB, Bed Buddy, Jumpoff, etc. Anyway, let's say you are in a purely sexual relationship, minimal chats, next to no dates, just pure, unadulterated (fantastic) sex. With sex, there can be results, STD's and pregnancy. So what happens when you get pregnant by your sex buddy?
I was forced to think about this recently, then confronted with someone actually going through this situation. It's weird, because she is pro-choice (as I am), but she would never have an abortion, which I can understand. I've never been pregnant, so to say what I would do when forced is very hard. Especially now. I mean I am able to provide for a child, the reason for not choosing to have one, would be simply because I don't want one. Which is TOTALLY ACCEPTABLE. If you don't want a baby, then you shouldn't have one. But I do want one, and I can afford one, so the issue comes when you look at the situation. I mean this isn't a man who loved me, or even liked me, he simply got me pregnant. The end. Is that how I want to begin my child's story? I know the flipside, they are couples who birthed children in marital wedlock and in lovestuff and they still end up separating and being deadbeat moms and dads. But still the good intentions were there. Do intentions outweight the outcome? (potential new blog post!)
We are assuming that the men we are sleeping with are even baby daddy worthy. What about the no job, no degree, on-the-rise (but not for real) rapper who can put it DOWN, like no one's business? What if he gets you pregnant? Is it easier to have the baby? What if he is a multi-degreed, smart, corporate negro who can also put it DOWN like no one's business? Is it easier to have his baby?
What do you do? I know this decision is a personal one, but how many of us really REALLY think about the consequences of these actions. I have one fab friend, who always says, every person you sleep with is a potential baby daddy, and I laugh, I know it's true, but you think "It'll never happen to me". Until....
1 comment:
Such a scary, scary thing.
Post a Comment