Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Happy Birthday to me...

Today I turn 29.

I am content.

I am not enlightened and new age or deep. I simply got my ass spanked by life.

My contentment comes from knowing that I can't control everything. I can't control people, I can't control situations, and I can't control life.

Life did what it does and taught me many lessons about trust, love, hurt, pain, joy, love, family, friends, men, women, stress, health, sex, betrayal, self-appreciation, defeat, etc.

But I learned from life.

I learned that all I can do is my best. All I can do is give my all. And let the rest fall where it may.

28 brought lots of experiences. I experienced a lot of hurt last year. I cried a lot of tears.

It also brought joy. The dawn of a new job. A slight reminder of how good love could be, when it's right. Good times with my loves. The thrill of jumping out of plane.

Dreams were dashed. Dreams were fulfilled. Life happened.

And I'm grateful for every moment.

I realize just how blessed I am in the grand scheme of things.

To see every day is a blessing, and to see a new day 365 times is amazing.

I get a chance to do it all again.

Here's to hoping, I do it better that I did before.

Happy Birthday to me....

No comments: