Enough about angst.
Enough about love/love lost.
Enough about contentment.
Let's talk about glamour.
Let's talk about PURE UNADULTERATED GLAMOUR.
Let me change that. PURE UNADULTERATED BLACK GLAMOUR.
It's no secret I love divas, mainly Diana Ross. Why? Because she was a skinny, big-eyed girl who was transformed into one of our most ICONIC fashion ladies. Have you seen her back in the day. Those clothes, the wigs, the GOT DAMN LASHES. #iSwoon
I own the book dedicated to Pat Cleveland.
I am allllll about GLAMOUR.
If I could, I'd hold a daily happy hour and make people dress accordingly. I mean satin, silk, sequins and tuxedos.
Part of the reason I love Harlem night is the costuming.
I long to hold a 50's party, with a strict dress code. I already know what I'd wear, a floor length while silk dress, fur wrap, opera length gloves, diamonds dripping from neck, ears and wrists, and a magnolia in my softly waved hair a la Billie Holiday.
Yes. I think about those things.
SO MUCH GLAMOUR YOU CAN'T STAND HER.
Do you know I have to stop myself from buying ball gowns cause I have no reason to wear them, other than I just want to.
Go here...
http://vintageblackglamour.tumblr.com/
This site is my new favorite addiction. And please remember that at a time they can exude such fabulousness they were still getting spit on and hosed down.
No comments:
Post a Comment