Friday, January 24, 2014

Thirty Two.

Very soon, I will be turning 32, here are some lessons that I've learned about myself.

The compliment I love to hear is that I look the same as I did in college.

It is possible to love a bottle of wine as if it were human.

People will love to compare their "struggle" to mine, but it won't compare. Mainly, because I don't really care.

Don't engage the buppie tradition of harping on how busy you are. No one is busier than me.

I love raunchy Bey.

Don't underestimate the value of good pjs and a good bra.

I really do not like people.

Boobs do not stop growing.

I am kinda an awful person.

Everyone does not deserve your time, talent, effort, whatever. Everyone just doesn't deserve you.

'At Last' has gone from being a song I thought was depressing to one I can totally relate to.

Heartbreak is not fatal.

At some point you realize all you and your other girlfriends talk about is relationships.

This is shortly followed by your own realization that you are Miranda from SATC, wondering if that's all we have to talk about.

Then this is shortly followed by your own realization that life always relate to SATC.

There is a legitimate concern that a person that meant's for you may not enter your life, because looking back without heartbreak and with practicality you realize the ones that came and left...were such a damn good fit. Gotta wonder, will anyone else fit like that?

I suck at faith.

Golden Oreos are God's gift to us. Accept Jesus and Golden Oreos, and you will be fine.

I don't really want to celebrate this birthday. Why? I'm laaaaazzzzzzyyyyy.

Although I anticipate a bit of a panic attack if I wake up on my actual birthday with nothing to do. I may shed a tear.

Knowing what you deserve and not settling for anything else is such a crap shoot. Huge risk.

But settling and it sucking seems like a set up for consistent miserableness.

I need to find a church home. Preferably one where people can at least hold me accountable to come to church.



No comments: