No, really? Who are you? Have you ever had to sum yourself up in 2-3 pages of double spaced eloquence. I am in the process of applying to Law School aka 3 (or infinite) years of hell. One of the necessary application items is a personal essay. There are no clear guidelines regarding what to write, you just have to convey who you are on paper. Write it clearly and concisely, but really just you, spread eagle, ass naked, on paper.
Can you tell I'm having difficulty? It's tough to bare your soul with no boundaries, scratch that. It's tough to bare your soul. I can write about my darkest moment or my greatest achievement, I have to choose which one can be best articulated and will make those admissions folks CHOOSE ME (and give me money).
Trying to remember memories is draining and a tad depressing. It's not a memory associated event, like you see a fire truck and remember the time you chased on down the street, then you proceed to write the story. I've not had a sad life by any means, but there is a real self-evaluation that comes with comparing your past, to your present, and trying to use both to justify your future. The timeline comparison is sobering. Hell looking back at your childhood through adult eyes is sobering.
You have to remember poignant events to describe for strangers. Maybe that's my sticking point. It's for strangers. I know big huge irony flag. I'm blogging about personal experiences, isn't it the same? Not really to me, because I have like 3 readers...so. LOL. Not quite the same.
Wish me luck.
2 comments:
Good luck my friend! You will do fine. Just don't think about it too hard. You know we have a tendency to do that sometimes. :-)
Thanks my friend!
Post a Comment