Sunday, February 14, 2010

Hmmm, a new holiday?

The following quotes are statuses posted by some of my FB friends:

"is sayin Happy Valentines Day to all the jump offs who are gonna seduce their "man" and get him extra drunk tonight in hopes that he doesn't make it home on time to wifey. V-Day tip #23...that is date rape NOT romance

is sayin Happy Valentines Day to all the jump offs who are lookin forward to their date at Buffalo Wild Wings to watch the Slam Dunk Contest tonight with their "man". Beers, teriyaki wings & that E-card you got this mornin but weren't able to view on your cell phone becuz the file was too big, is not considered "amazin...g". V-Day tip #32..know when you ARE NOT the one. Thank u & goodnight ♥

Happy Jumpoff, HomeWrecker & Side Piece Day to all Back Burners who continue to settle for someone elses. No matter what he tells you, he aint leavin' the "awful" chick that I promise you he'll be spending the actual V-Day with! Get ur time in today! Lol."


Hmm, I will randomly list my thoughts because I'm not sure I can "para-graphically" express them.

-- So it's the jump off/side chick/home wrecker's fault that your man/boyfriend/husband is lying to them? I understand that she is allowing herself to be lied to, or maybe not because she could be totally aware, but we decide to place the blame on her because obviously the man is free from fault in this situation. Why aren't we celebrating "Happy Half-Ass, Trifling Man day"?

-- Really? Do you not have anything better to do? Are you not preparing for you own Valentine's day (one of the status' was by a married woman), are you not preparing to spend it with the man who is consistently breaking off a side piece?

-- Doesn't this encourage some type of acceptance? You may want to make the "other woman" seem seedy, but the fact is she still gets recognition. If she wasn't important at all, then Feb. 13th wouldn't mean a damn thing to anyone.

-- Again. Really? Some things I just don't understand.

No comments: