Monday, September 20, 2010

Lay my head down

*this posted too early. I needed to change some things around. LOL.

I have always toyed with the idea of leaving this area. I used to think about it constantly. I want to move to NY! I want to move to Atlanta! I want to move to Charlotte!

Truth is I think I'm good where I am. Really. I wanted to move because I felt compelled to be elsewhere. I felt the need to have a "story" when people asked where I was from. I wanted to be a bird who flown the nest, instead of still flapping around the routine neighborhood spots. Then I had a thought. I've flown the nest, but I'm good with routine.

The area that I grew up in is not the area that I live in. I mean that two ways, as a child I spent all of my time in PG. We went into DC for church and the occasional hangout. Reverse it, as an adult I spend all my sleep time in MD, but I hang out EVERYWHERE. I am truly enjoying all of that this city has to offer. And from time to time, I still go to the local spots, please believe 4 wings, french fries and mambo sauce is a must.

I always thought that I'd end up somewhere fabulous, somewhere mystical, somewhere intriguing. And all of that is right here. Sometimes the good things are in front of your face and you are completely oblivious to them.

No comments: