Monday, April 18, 2011

How true is this?

Anything worth having is fighting for? Nothing good comes easy?

Really?

How true are these ideas? I mean I understand that it's saying if it something you really want, that we'll be willing to "fight" for it, but why must the idea be that it's so difficult?

I know staying in love is a bit of a challenge. Two people constantly growing and adjusting, it requires an effort to stay committed, but to hear that it's challenging it in the beginning, that confuses me.

I mean isn't the beginning supposed to be easy. When you only know the surface, and perhaps a little below. Or maybe you know everything,but it's all new and fresh and honest and each thing you discover is a little surprise. It should be easy right?

So why the bad rap? Why is it that it's so hard? Should it be hard? I mean really boy meets girl, boy and girl swoon, boy and girl are giddy with lust and infatuation until they figure out that a. this has no future (temporary or permanent) or b. this has a future (temporary or permanent). And then plan and continue accordingly.

Am I naive in my thinking? Or have we just made the fundamentally basic, unnecessarily hard?

No comments: