I had a semi revelation recently. I have been in love, and it's never been returned. Now, don't cry for me Aregentina, but it's a fact that I've come to realize. They may have cared deeply for me, but it wasn't love. It made me feel like my "love" was false, I mean is love really true if it isn't reciprocated? Some may say yes, but I say no. My feelings were connected to the person, but independent of their feelings. There was no requirement that they had to love me, in order for me to love them. I loved them, because that's what I truly felt.
It's good and bad, bad because you end up with a string of unrequited loves, which can be extremely heartbreaking, but it's good because now I recognize what love is not, so I can have a better vision of what it actually is. I've been dreaming a lot lately about relationships and marriage, and what's weird is that I can "feel" the love in my dream. The image of the man is undefined, but I can actually feel joy radiating from him about me. That's love. I want that love translated from my dreams to my life.
No comments:
Post a Comment