Tuesday, August 18, 2009

QOTD

"All good catches aren't THE ONE."

-- Monica Mingo

4 comments:

Erica A. Gordon said...

Why was I going to post this same thing on my facebook status? I thought this was very fitting to my life. We think too much alike.

Candice said...

You and me must never part... :-)

I think the odds are so bad for us, that when we get a hint of a good man we want to hold on for dear life, and make him be the one so bad, it completely eliminates the idea he's not the one for you.

Erica A. Gordon said...

So so true. That's why I stayed with my ex for so long. I kept thinking, "I have a such a good man that treats me like a queen. Surely, I should stay with him because there aren't many good men left and so many people wish they have what I have." We know what a disaster that turned out to be.

Candice said...

Yep. That goes back to this post http://noonelistenstothelittleblackchild.blogspot.com/2009/08/voices.html about listening to yourself and trusting that "voice", that tells you what everyone what you really know. We all have it, but we ignore it due to fear.