Sunday, April 11, 2010

black girls get no love?

I was recently in the club and was amazed by what I saw. In DC there are tons of gorgeous women, tall, short, thick, skinny, dark, light, straight haired, big haired, big booties, big boobs, mildly dressed, wildly dressed, Kardishan inspired, Video Girl inspired, they were alllllll out. They were all beautiful, and I don't mean cute, I mean genuinely pretty girls. Ones who if you took saw in the daylight without their body magic, they would still be pretty girls *cue Wale*. So with all that being said, I stood and people watched, and watched the men watch the pretty girls, naturally. And that's it. They just watched. They stood and watched them go by, never once attempting to make eye contact, or say hello, or even attempt a smile. They stood mute and watched them walk.

WTF!

Seriously, do men not approach women anymore? Is it because it was the club? I'm not sure. And I watched for a while so it's not like it was a certain type of women they failed to approach. They JUST watched them ALL! I mean some of these women were fine, like drop dead gorgeous and they just let 'em go by. The one thing they allllllllllllllll had in common was that they were black. All of the "exotic" looking women, got pulled in a million directions. They were talked up and chatted up and poured up. At first I didn't want to really digest what I thought I was seeing so I just kept watching, until it was finally confirmed by the 1,000 Spanish chick (who was no doubt absolutely beautiful). The black girls got no play, and the others, were played all night.

I remember reading an article or a blog (I can't recall where or whose), where the male author was saying that he wished the world could see the beauty in black women like he sees it. While at first, I was warmth by the thought like "awwwww, he loves him some black women". It didn't dawn on me just how much the world doesn't love us, until I saw it with my own eyes.

No comments: