Tuesday, May 18, 2010

"it's not unusual, it's unfamiliar"

I need to exhibit balance in this new life that I'm living. I've transformed from the caterpillar into a social butterfly, with a dating life to boot, but while living it, I need to exhibit balance. So while I may like you, and while when I talk about you or to you, I'm giddy, I realize...this is the beginning. This is how it should be, and while I appreciate the slow pace we've been treading together, I also need to gently remind myself, this is nice but this may not be it. So I need to institue balance. I need for it not to be only you. I require distractions. I need for there to be others, to prevent me from sliding full speed down this slippery slope. If no one's there to slow me down, I'll crash right into you. And I don't want to crash. For once I'd like to glide down, and softly slide into you. That's what I want.

So while I'm really digging what we're doing and enjoying being the blushing, giddy girl I vaguely remember, the realist in me must remember that nice is not the end all, this is a blissful stage with an unknown future. Since I don't function well in the unknown, I need to learn how to live in this space and the space that will follow, whether this has a happy or not so happy ending.

But this IS exactly what I spoke into the universe and fervently prayed for. Frankly, it's what I need. And to have actually received it I'm pleased and grateful.

I guess God really does know my name.

No comments: