Friday, August 27, 2010

dreams

I had the weirdest dreams last night.

First, I dreamt I was leaving dinner, but the back scene for my dream had just occured about 2 hours earlier in real life. My friend pulled up beside my car (which in my dream was parked where I had parked my car, in real life), and for some reason I could see her whole car even though it was right beside me. I remember the brake lights stood out to me, they seemed brighter. She was waving her hands in a crossing motion and saying "No" over and over again. I asked her why she was heading in my direction; she was supposed to be following the 3rd dinner companion to make her way north, so why was she going towards 395S. The whole time she continued to wave her hands and say "No" over and over again. Never once did I ask her, no to what, I was concerned with the direction she was going. I couldn't understand why she was going away from where she should've been.

Now I asked her about this dream, maybe she could give me some insight because I was lost. Her take, "Maybe in the future I'm going to warn you against something you are getting ready to do. But you already know the things you should and shouldn't do." *bangs head on desk*

Confused much? Good me too.

The second dream, I was at work and I was verifying that the input submitted was the correct output received, sorry for the work-ese, but you know I have to earn a paycheck somehow. The test was I submitted some text ended with a period, and when I transmitted the text, the period disappeared, when it shouldn’t have. The period should’ve appeared post transmission. Like a good tester, I went back and reran the test ending with all types of special characters, but only the period disappeared. I became consumed with finding the missing period; I couldn't understand why the system would not display the period but display everything else.

I asked my coworkers about this dream for some additional insight, their take, *crickets*. They had NO CLUE what this dream was about. I even ran the test in real life and it passed.

Confused again? Good me too.

See this is what happens when you go to bed without cocktails.

No comments: