Monday, March 21, 2011

love

Ya'll know I love my Mommy right.

And yes she's still my Mommy. I will introduce her as "Dis my Mommy".

Yep. Shole do.

It's funny when dudes try to comment on my relationship with my Mom.

That's a sure way for you exit stage left, with a quickness.

You must not know 'bout me.

I love her with all my heart. She is my biggest supporter and can be the biggest pain in my ass.

But it's all in love.

We've finally gotten to a point where we can agree to disagree without the fireworks.

I understand she gon' think and say what she wants, and she understands I'm gon' think and do what I want.

And everyone's happy.

I love my Mommy.

I have cussed folks out because of her, and in front of her.

Disrespect the Queen in front of the Princess. No bueno.

Go on sit down and watch me get angry.

I do anger very very well.

Maybe I should take a class for that.

My Mommy is my Ace. My road dawg. My right hand. My heart and soul.

She is my protector.

Even though she's 5'4. That don't matter, she rallies for her child. Like I'm still a baby.

A 5'6 29 year old baby.

She worries. A lot.

I run the streets and these days, the streets are dangerous.

I drink a lot, and drive home alone.

To come to an empty spot and go to bed alone.

It unnerves her. I know it. But the streets is calling. Gotta go.

When I visit, I'll leave her house with food. It's a given.

"You hungry?" "Taste this ____ I got"

And then I leave with shopping bags full of tupperware.

I've stopped fighting that. I just leave with the food.

And everyone's happy.

I love my Mommy.

With my heart, my soul, and my everything.

She's the greatest.

No comments: