Thursday, March 31, 2011

lenten goal

Friend: So what do you plan to accomplish, by not dating during Lent?

Me:
Good question!!! I can honestly that I think my desire for a boyfriend made me lean more towards giving everyone a chance, which was a different approach from my dating in my younger years. I used to shut dudes down with a quickness!!! Now, I need to learn how to balance it. I think I've that's it's ok to say "even though you're a good guy, this isn't working for me", instead of "he's such a good guy, let me keep this going until....". Even with __________, as sweet as he was, he still had some issues I overlooked because of how good a guy he was. I lost the ability to be objective. And somewhere along the line, I lost the ability to take things one day at a time. That's what I want to be able to do. To go out with a guy and have him be a really nice guy, but not fall head over heels instantaneously because of that. It's easy to get swept up in the "oooooohhhhsss and ahhhhhs" and the wining and dining aspect, but if there is no real foundation, then what's the point?

Does that make sense?

No comments: