Sunday, March 6, 2011

...things I don't like

Funerals.

I have to make a decision to attend a funeral this week.

I hate funerals. I know no one really likes them, but I abhor them.

I am torn. I want to go pay my respects, but I hate funerals.

And it's all the way in the middle of nowhere on a Wed. morning. That means no work at all that day, because normally after funerals I have to come home and lay down.

Oh and it's the first day of Lent, so I can't self-medicate like usual.

I was going to send flowers, but the family has requested donations to a cancer society. Now that I can do. And I will.

I guess I just am wondering about my own mortality (oh so morbid, I know), but when I die will there be someone on the fence about coming to pay their last respects to me?

No comments: